Field Engineer Manager
What's the role?
Our Field Engineer Manager will be accountable for co-defining and implementing the Engineering strategy, build-up the necessary structure in given our Latin American Partners and further develop them to maximize specification products sales and delivered engineering services to focus customers. This strategy will create enthusiasm for Hilti’s superior technical solutions and provide best-in-industry services to the technical community through all phases of construction, translating into growing market share of Hilti’s specified products and technical system solutions.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Key elements will include:
- Convince specifiers and influencers of Hilti’s superior technical solutions.
- Drive specification of Hilti products and capture sales on projects.
- Build up technical competence in the Hilti team and support on jobsites.
The Engineering Manager is also responsible for:
- Leading, coaching and mentoring Field Engineers, mostly focused in Ecuador, República Dominicana, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Panamá and Guatemala to achieve the goals of Hilti in a high performing culture.
- Driving the continuous improvement of the entire Engineering team within Hilti, to become more efficient and effective.
- Visiting assigned consultants, contractors and/or projects on a regular basis to identify opportunities to specify Hilti products.
- Maximizing the conversion of opportunities into sales of Hilt products.
- Taking responsibility for specification of Hilti products, supporting the sales team in their efforts to sell a variety of Hilti solutions. This involves keeping track of specifications in Salesforce and Hi Site, communicating specifications through Salesforce, holding project meetings in conjunction with Regional Managers and Account Managers.
- Conducting seminars for consultants to raise awareness and create understanding of all existing and new Hilti products. At the same time, learn about consultants’ future projects and explore potential business.
- Proactively build, develop and maintain high level contacts with specifiers and influencers, to develop business opportunities and forge relationships.
- Create, implement and manage a business development strategy for a portfolio of specifiers that is continuously reviewed against industry trends. e.g. jobsite digitalization
- Produce design calculations for Hilti fixings in accordance with local regulations and check calculations produced by other Hilti Engineers. All calculations must follow Hilti approved design methodologies as detailed within PROFIS / FTM etc.
- Provide technical support, training and advice to both customers and the sales team on all available products, consistent with the company's objectives and marketing strategy.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including training opportunities and very good health care plan.
What you need is:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Civil, Structural, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years experience in the construction industry (on site or design office), having experience in (technical) sales and project management
- Relevant engineering experience in design/specification and application of technical products in the construction industry
- A good knowledge of the construction industry, and the design & construction process and projects
- High level of business and commercial understanding and judgement
- Seniority and mobility to lead experienced team of engineers across multiple locations and projects
If we’re impressed with your CV, we’ll invite you for an interview, introduce you to the team.
Tempted to apply or find out more? Go to careers.hilti.com and apply to this position!
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”